* Congregation Am HaYam in Oxnard will hold Kol Nidre services at 6:30 p.m. Sunday and Yom Kippur at 9 a.m. Monday. Tickets are $75 per person for both services. A free Yizkor service will be held at 12:30 p.m. Monday. All services will be held at 1401 W. Gonzales Road. Rabbi Gerald Hanig will lead the services.
Sukkot services will be held at a private residence Friday beginning at 7 p.m., then Oct. 14 and 15 beginning at 10 a.m.
For more information, call 985-2853. Internet: http://www.amhaym.org.
Temple Celebrates High Holy Days
* Temple Beth Haverim in Agoura Hills will hold the following High Holy Day services:
Sunday: Yom Kippur services begin with Kol Nidre, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m., Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza Kavli Theatre, 2100 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd.
Monday: Yom Kippur services, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., at Kavli Theatre, include a Yizkor service at noon. From 2 to 3 p.m., Rabbi Gershon Johnson will lead a study session, followed by a family service from 3 to 4 p.m. From 4 to 5 p.m., the rabbi will hold an Avodah study session with services until 7 p.m., concluding with the sound of the shofar.
The community is invited to join the temple for Selichot and Tashlich gatherings.
For tickets or more information, call (818) 991-7111. Internet: http://www.templebethheverim.org.
Final Installment of Primer Series
* Conejo Jewish Academy will continue its primer series "Days of Awe; Days of Joy," which focuses on the High Holy Days. The final installment, on Wednesday at 8 p.m., is titled "Sukkot & Simchat Torah: The Joys of Judaism." The program will be instructed by Rabbi Dov Greenberg. Call for ticket availability.
The academy is at 30345 Canwood St., Agoura Hills. For information, call (818) 991-0991. Internet: http://www.jewishacademy.com.
Holiday Service Blends Old, New
* Chabad of the Conejo will conduct Yom Kippur services at Hyatt Westlake Plaza Hotel, Willow Elementary School in Agoura Hills and at Chabad Center of Westlake Village.
The hotel's Grand Ballroom has been transformed to accommodate an expected 2,000 people. Other rooms are being used for junior congregation sessions.
Yom Kippur service begins Sunday evening and concludes Monday.
The traditional services are blended with contemporary insights, plus explanations for many prayers and customs.
For information, call (818) 991-0991.
High Holy Days Schedule in Ojai
* Following is the High Holy Days schedule for K'hilat Ha'Aloneem, Jewish Community of the Oaks, 530 W. El Roblar Drive, Ojai.
Sunday, 7:30-9 p.m.: Yom Kippur, Kol Nidre.
Monday, 10 a.m.-12:15 p.m.: Yom Kippur morning service; 3-4 p.m., discussion group; 4-6:15 p.m., Yizkor concluding service; 6:30 p.m., "break-the-fast" potluck.
The services will be led by Rabbi Jerold Levy, assisted by Cantor Quan Greenberg and the temple choir. For more information or to make a reservation to attend services, call 646-4464.
Ventura Temple Lists Schedule
* Temple Beth Torah in Ventura will offer special programming during the High Holy Days for children from 18 months of age through the fifth grade. The activities begin 30 minutes before High Holy Days services and end immediately after their conclusion. The children's services will be led by Rabbi Seth Hochberg-Miller. Each classroom will be staffed by adult and teenage temple members.
The schedule: Oct. 9, 9:30 a.m.-12:45 and 3-6:30 p.m. Activities will include arts and crafts, storytelling and outdoor play. Each child should arrive with a kosher-style lunch. Cost per session: $20.
The temple is at 7620 Foothill Road. For more information, call 647-4181.
Unitarian Service Looks at Gender
* Rev. Betty Stapleford will deliver the sermon "Building Bridges--Women and Men as Allies" Sunday at Conejo Valley Unitarian Universalist Fellowship. The message, based on the book "The Bridge Called Respect," will explore inter-gender dynamics, honoring each other's differences and more.
Services begin at 10 a.m. and are held at Goebel Senior Center, 1385 E. Janss Road, Thousand Oaks. For information, call 492-8751.
Methodist Services in Moorpark
* Moorpark United Methodist Church will hold its worship service each Sunday at 10:15 a.m. This week, Rev. Rick Uhls will preach on "How to Recognize God," using Psalm 46:10. Sunday school for children of all ages begins at 9:15 a.m. Child care is available. Junior church for children through second grade is offered during regular worship service.
The church is at 261 Flory Ave., Moorpark. Call 529-1401.
Romans Series in Port Hueneme
* Pastor Tim Fearer on Sunday will continue his Romans series with "Why the Anger?" at Westminster Presbyterian Church of Hueneme. Contemporary service, 9 a.m.; traditional service, 10:45 a.m.
Nursery care is provided for babies and toddlers. Children from preschool age through fifth grade are dismissed to Kid's Church.
The church is located at 755 Bard Road, Port Hueneme. Call 483-8610.
Rally With Promise Keepers Chief