David Flattum becomes managing director, head of corporate services and general counsel for Allianz Asset Management. Flattum, a partner at Latham & Watkins, represented Pimco Advisors Holdings in its $3.3-billion acquisition last May by German-based insurance and financial services company Allianz AG. He will be based in Newport Beach.
* Cindy Turner has been hired as marketing coordinator at McCarthy's Newport Beach office, while Leo Ramirez has been named a senior scheduler at the construction firm. Turner had been a marketing communication media specialist with Mallinckrodt Inc. Ramirez is a 12-year veteran in the construction industry.
* Manuel J. Ramirez, president and chief executive of Strabala Ramirez & Associates accounting firm, will be the new president of the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Orange County. The group's new directors will include Tom Acosta of El Pacifico Catering, J. Ray Estrella of Fullerton Community Bank, Art Navarro of AllinOne Communications Group, and Carlos Olamendi of COR International Inc. The chamber's officers will be sworn in at a dinner at 6 p.m. Saturday at the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim.
* David Gartley has been named executive vice president of Pacific Life Insurance Co.'s group insurance division. He succeeds William Ferris, who retires July 31 after leading the division for 15 years. Gartley joined the division in 1990. Three years ago, he was named managing director of the division's multiple employer trust, which offers employee benefit products to small employers.
* Dennis Constantinou has joined Toshiba America Medical Systems in Tustin as senior director, product marketing. He has more than 20 years of experience in the medical device industry, most recently as vice president, marketing at Imagyn Medical Technologies. He previously was senior product manager, marketing, for Alcon Surgical and managed new product development at Schneider Laser Division Inc.
* Simon Clark will lead Bank of America's private banking expansion in Newport beach. Clark has been an executive with the private bank unit in Los Angeles. Susie Luer and Craig Mardany have been promoted to senior vice president, reporting to Clark. Luer is a certified financial planner and client relationship manager with more than 14 years of experience at Bank of America in California. Mardany has 18 years of experience and has been with the company nearly 14 years with a focus on alternative investment consultation, trust and estate planning, and customized credit solutions.
* Ralph Brandi has been appointed corporate vice president of operations at Microsemi Corp. in Santa Ana. Brandi joined the Microsemi management team in April 1999, when the company acquired Linfinity Microelectronics. At Linfinity, he held a variety of management positions over 21 years, including senior vice president. He previously was RF products division manager at TRW Corp.
* Patricia Stubban has joined Melles Griot as general manager of the photonics components division in Irvine. She has 19 years of experience in operations and general management.
* Adam Neumann becomes information systems administrator for Zapways, an Irvine provider of document printing, package shipping and other labor-intensive tasks. He previously was head network and systems engineer for Flashcards.com and network specialist with High Tech Signs in Santa Ana.
* Jill Juedes has been promoted to vice president of marketing for Entrepreneur Media Inc. in Irvine. She had been the firm's marketing director. Before that, she was with Hachette Filipacchi Magazines for 11 years, serving as marketing manager for Road & Track magazine.