Alan Kraemer has been named executive vice president, technology and business development at SRS Labs Inc. in Santa Ana. Kraemer joined SRS Labs as director of engineering and was named vice president of engineering in 2000. In addition, Sarah Yang was appointed director of engineering. Yang joined SRS last year after serving as senior consultant at CSC Pinnacle. She has also held senior software engineering positions at Vicor Corp. and National Instruments.
* Craig I. DeRoy has joined the board of directors of First American Title Insurance Co. in Santa Ana, the largest subsidiary of First American Corp. DeRoy is executive vice president-general counsel of First American Corp.
* Jay Standish has joined Medennium Inc. in Irvine as vice president of marketing and sales. He was previously vice president of commercial operations for North America, refractive, and vice president of commercial operations for Asia Pacific, surgical, at Bausch & Lomb.
* Arminda Figueroa has been appointed vice president and partner of Santiago & Valdes Solutions in Newport Beach. She was formerly director of Internet service provider marketing for Univision OnLine.
* Joseph Chang has been appointed product manager for the emerging business unit of U.S. Robotics in Irvine. He was previously product manager for Patent & License Exchange Inc. Chang has also held product management positions at Macally Peripherals and CityLink Data Services. Matt Dean is the new director of marketing. He was formerly head of marketing for Gateway Computer's business-to-business division and before that was with Dell Computer Corp. and Electronic Data Systems.
* Kurt Lemvigh has been named to the newly created position of president of international operations for Cardiac Science Inc. in Irvine. Previously, Lemvigh served as general manager of GE Medical Systems, Northern Europe. Mike Rice was appointed director of worldwide marketing. He formerly held several sales and marketing positions at Medtronic Physio-Control Corp. Ivan Bolzani was appointed managing director for Latin America. He had been director of Latin America and Caribbean operations at Medtronic Physio-Control. In addition, Kenneth Gotlib was appointed director of U.S. hospital sales. He formerly held sales management positions at ADAC Healthcare Information Systems, HBOC, Pointshare, BioAnalogics, Informedics and Brentwood Instruments.
* Brett Wall has been named vice president of marketing at Micro Therapeutics Inc. in Irvine. Wall joined the medical device company in September as senior director of marketing. He was formerly director of marketing, cardiovascular for Boston Scientific Singapore and a group marketing manager for Boston Scientific Singapore.
* Linwood L. Little has joined Erogo Inc. in Tustin as vice president of client development. He was previously vice president of sales at LeadersOnline, spent more than 12 years with Xerox Corp. and held positions with Resumix, Subscriber Computing Inc. and Progressive Financial Services.
* Gerry Martin and Richard McDermott have joined the board of directors of Prolong International Corp. in Irvine. Martin, president of CMI in Newport Beach, will serve as an outside director on the audit committee. McDermott is president of RLM Properties/RLM Realty in Dana Point. He will serve as an outside director on the audit committee and the compensation committee.
* John J. Laskey has joined Webplan Corp. in Newport Beach as chief financial officer. Laskey most recently served as chief financial officer and vice president of finance for Quest Software. He was also chief financial officer and vice president of finance for Continuus Software and has held vice president positions with Starbase Corp. and FileNet Corp.
* Debbie Ures has been appointed vice president of worldwide sales for Lantronix Inc. in Irvine. Prior to joining the company, Ures was vice president of sales for the Americas with International Rectifier, which she joined in 1998. Before that, Ures was director of sales and marketing for Seiko Instruments.
* Mavis Lee has joined Coreland Carlson in Tustin as accounting manager. She was formerly accounting manager at CB Richard Ellis Inc. in Newport Beach and property accountant for Insignia/ESG in Irvine.
* Garland W. Koch has been named vice president and chief financial officer of United PanAm Financial Corp. in Newport Beach, assuming responsibility for accounting, corporate finance, financial planning and treasury functions. Koch, who joined United PanAm in October, replaces Carol M. Bucci, who is leaving the company as a result of its relocation to Southern California. Koch previously served as chief financial officer of First Citizens National Bank in Mason City, Iowa.