Festivals, Feasts & Fairs
* Lake Elsinore--Kids should bring their own sleds to Winterfest 2001 on Dec. 7. Highlights include a snow play area, tree-lighting ceremony, arts and crafts and entertainment. Main Street. 5-9 p.m. Free. (909) 674-3124, Ext. 265, http://www.lake-elsinore.org.
* San Diego--Ethnic food, holiday music and other entertainment mark the 24th annual Christmas on the Prado, Dec. 7-8. Museums will offer free admission after 5 p.m. Balboa Park. 5-9 p.m. Free. (619) 239-0512, http://www.balboapark.org.
* Oxnard--The Parade of Lights will illuminate Channel Islands Harbor Dec. 8. Daytime festivities include live entertainment, visits from Santa and Mrs. Claus, a children's snow play area and horse-drawn carriage rides at Marine Emporium Landing and Fisherman's Wharf, 10 a.m.-7 p.m. The boat parade is 6:30-9 p.m. Free admission and parking. (805) 985-4852, http://www.channelislandsharbor.org.
* Desert Hot Springs--Santa Claus will warm up for his holiday duties during the 14th annual Desert Hot Springs Holiday Parade Dec. 8. Floats, marching bands and other units will begin rolling down Palm Drive at 11 a.m. Free. (800) 346-3347, http://www.deserthotsprings.com.
* Willits--The Willits Cultural Arts Commission sponsors its 15th annual Holiday Crafts Fair, Dec. 7-8. Art, pottery, photography, jewelry, food, music and children's activities will be found at the Community Center, 111 E. Commercial St., downtown. Noon-8 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday. Free. (707) 459-7910, http://www.willits.org.