Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

THE NATION | IN BRIEF / WYOMING

Man Scalded Trying to Save Dog From Pool

July 28, 2001|From Times Wire Reports

A man was scalded trying to rescue his dog after it bolted from the family's motor home and jumped into a thermal pool, Yellowstone National Park officials said.

Donald E. Hansen, 39, of Shoreline, Wash., was taken to the University of Utah's burn center in Salt Lake City after the incident. He was released the next day after being treated for first- and second-degree burns from his elbows down and first-degree burns to his knees, park officials said.

The dog, a brown Labrador retriever named Mocha, was dead by the time rangers retrieved it from the pool.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|