* "House," Thomas McCormack's new play starring Harry Hamlin, Christine Eastabrook, Marian Mercer and William Schallert, plays Wednesday-July 22 at the Falcon Theatre, 4252 Riverside Drive, Burbank, $25 to $35. (818) 955-8101.
* "4th Annual Pacific Playwrights Festival," a 10-play series that incorporates the Hispanic Playwrights Project, takes place June 22-July 1 at South Coast Repertory, 655 Town Center Drive, Costa Mesa. $8 to $49. (714) 708-5555.
* "Common Ground Festival 2001," A.S.K. Theater Project's festival of new works-in-progress by professional labs, June 21-23, UCLA, North Campus, Westwood. Free; reservations required. (310) 478-9ASK.
* The American Cinematheque presents at the Egyptian on Tuesday and Wednesday "Down Under Wonders," two programs of new films from Australia; on June 21-24 a Malcolm MacDowell in-person "Retro"; and a night with British director Ken Annakin on June 27.
In addition to its regular Friday and Saturday 7:30 p.m. screenings, LACMA is adding a June 28 screening of "Sylvia Scarlett" (1936) and "None but the Lonely Heart" (1944) for its Cary Grant retrospective.
* The newly formed Twyla Tharp Dance performs two all-Tharp programs from June 21-24 at the Ahmanson Theatre, 135 N. Grand Ave., L.A. $15 to $60. (213) 365-3500.