Charles Andrew Williams, accused of killing two students and wounding 13 people in the town of Santee, will make his second court appearance this month on Monday, but the diminutive alleged gunman will still not enter a plea.
Linda Miller, spokeswoman for the San Diego County public defender's office, said Thursday that Williams' lawyer will instead announce plans to challenge the constitutionality of Proposition 21, the ballot initiative passed last year that allows the 15-year-old shooting suspect to be tried in adult court.
"There won't be an arraignment. We are going to challenge Proposition 21," said Miller.
Williams is charged with killing Randy Gordon, 17, and Bryan Zuckor, 14, and wounding 13 people on the Santana High School campus March 5. He surrendered to four sheriff's deputies and an off-duty San Diego police officer in a student restroom after firing about 30 rounds from a .22-caliber revolver.
He later told investigators that he had one bullet left and intended to use it on himself.
Monday's court hearing will be in El Cajon Superior Court before Judge Herbert Exarhos. Miller said Exarhos is expected to set a date to hear arguments on the challenge to Proposition 21.