Stephen J. Scarborough, chief executive of Standard Pacific Corp. in Irvine, has been elected chairman of the board. Arthur E. Svendsen, who founded the company in 1961 and has served as its chairman since then, will assume the advisory role of chairman emeritus. Both changes are effective May 16. Scarborough joined Standard Pacific in 1981 as president of the Orange County division, which he ran for 15 years. He was named president of the company in 1996 and took on the additional role of chief executive in January 2000. In addition, Michael C. Cortney has been named president. He was president of the company's Northern California division for 15 years and currently serves as executive vice president.
* Brian Walker has been named vice president of sales and marketing at Lennox Hearth Products in Fullerton. He had been director of marketing. Before joining the company, Walker was vice president, sales and marketing for Speed Queen Co. and vice president, merchandising with KitchenAid Inc.
* Khanh Tran was appointed executive vice president and chief financial officer for Pacific Life Insurance Co. in Newport Beach. He had been senior vice president and chief financial officer since 1996. Tran joined the company in 1990 as treasurer. Robert Hsu was promoted to senior vice president of administration in the annuities division. He has been with Pacific Life since 1997 as vice president of technology in the annuities division. Robert Bruno was named vice president, national sales manager in the annuities division. Bruno joined Pacific Life in 1994 as product wholesaler in the annuities division.
* Robin St. Clair Moor has joined NuVisions in Irvine as business development manager. She was formerly a corporate sales manager with Mobile Telephone Networks, a South African cellular telecommunications company.
* Sherrie Allan has been appointed event services manager for the Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim. She had been assistant event services manager.
* Michael Boyd has been named director of architecture at Danielian Associates in Irvine. He has been an associate since 1997.
* John L. Gordon has joined E-comm National Bank in Irvine as executive vice president and chief financial officer. He was formerly chief financial officer at Eldorado Bancshares in Laguna Hills, which was recently purchased by Zions Bancorporation in Salt Lake City. E-comm National Bank is being organized, with an opening planned for the summer.
* Richard A. Foster has been elected to the board of directors of Bridgford Foods Corp. in Anaheim. He is the retired president of Interstate Electronics in Anaheim.
* Shanta Chawla has joined Neotherapeutics Inc. in Irvine as assistant medical director. She previously managed her own clinical practice in the Philadelphia area for 23 years, and chaired the department of medicine and was division chief of the department of internal medicine at Temple Lower Bucks Hospital in Bristol, Pa.