* Colusa: The Holiday Craft Faire, Nov. 17-18, will include more than 100 arts and crafts booths and food vendors. Children can get their pictures taken with Santa Claus. Colusa County Fairgrounds, 1303 10th St. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Nov. 17; 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Nov. 18. Free. (530) 458-2641
* El Cajon: The Mother Goose Parade on Nov. 18 will march to patriotic tunes in "A Salute to the Military." The children's parade features floats, clowns and equestrians. Main Street. Noon-3 p.m. Free. (619) 401-8858.
* Kingsburg: Julgranfest on Nov. 23 is this community's holiday tree-lighting ceremony. Watch traditional Swedish dancing. Draper Street, downtown. 5:30-6:30 p.m. Free. (559) 897-1111.
* Sonora: The Christmas Craft Fair and Parade, Nov. 23-25, will feature about 250 craft and holiday food vendors at the Mother Lode Fairgrounds. 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Nov. 23-24; 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Nov. 25. The parade will roll through downtown at 6 p.m. Nov. 23. Craft fair: $6; $4 seniors; $1 ages 6-12; free to those younger than 6. (209) 532-7725, http://www.motherlodefair.com.
* Crescent City: The historic downtown will kick off the holiday season with the Christmas Light Parade at 6:30 p.m. Nov. 30. Entertainment will follow from 7 to 8 p.m., along with a tree-lighting ceremony at 7:30 p.m. Third and K streets. There will be a holiday craft fair 5 to 8 p.m. at the Del Norte County Fairgrounds. Free. (707) 464-3755 (parade), (707) 464-9556 (fair), http://www.delnorte.org.