Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

Los Angeles | IN BRIEF / CHATSWORTH

Fire Damages Student Store at High School

November 16, 2001|From Times Staff Reports

A fire was discovered shortly after 6 a.m. Thursday in the student store at Chatsworth High School.

No one was injured, according to Principal Dan Wyatt, but the building sustained about $20,000 in damage and lost about $15,000 in equipment, including change machines.

It was the second fire at the school, located at 10027 Lurline Ave., in less than two weeks. On Nov. 5, an early morning fire in the gym destroyed $40,000 in athletic equipment. That fire was found to be electrical in origin, Wyatt said.

Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman Jim Wells said Thursday's fire also was probably caused by an electrical problem.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|