1. Miami A pre-Thanksgiving feast for the Hurricanes as they drum-stick it to the Orangemen. Now, BCS computers must digest all the data from the game.
Defeated No. 14 Syracuse,
Record: 9-0. BCS: No. 2
Next: No. 16 Washington, Sat.
2. Nebraska Cornhuskers were Crouch potatoes this week, but still figure to be No. 1 in the CPUs of the BCS computers.
Record: 11-0. BCS: No. 1
Next: No. 15 Colorado, Fri.
3. Oklahoma Sooners' Nate Hybl completed 33 of 55 passes, three for touchdowns. Red Raiders should have hired Bobby Knight as defensive coordinator.
Won at Texas Tech, 30-13
Record: 10-1. BCS: No. 3
Next: Oklahoma State, Sat.
4. Florida What gives here? Evil-doer Steve Spurrier opts for an 18-yard field goal rather than go for Bobby Bowden's jugular with less than three minutes left.
Defeated No. 21 Florida State, 37-13
Record: 9-1. BCS: No. 5
Next: No. Tennessee, Dec. 1
5. Texas Longhorns have averaged 45.8 points in winning last five games, but scored only three in the one that mattered most--the Oct. 6 loss to Oklahoma.
Record: 9-1. BCS: No. 6
Next: at Texas A&M, Fri.
6. Tennessee Coach Phillip Fulmer took responsibility for the Volunteers' lackluster performance. What's his punishment supposed to be, study hall?
Won at Kentucky, 38-35.
Record: 8-1. BCS: No. 7
Next: Vanderbilt, Sat.
7. Oregon Civil defense alert for the Ducks: rival Beavers have averaged 46 points in their last two games--twice as many as in their first eight.
Record: 9-1. BCS: No. 4
Next: Oregon State, Dec. 1
8. Brigham Young Act like you've been there before: Cougar fans storm the field and Coach Gary Crowton is carried off after another lackluster Mountain West victory.
Defeated Utah, 24-21
Record: 11-0. BCS: No. 13
Next: at Mississippi State,
9. Washington St. The Cougars' Cinderella season was dampened by loss to the rival Huskies, but they will probably follow the Sun to El Paso for the Dec. 31 bowl game.
Lost to No. 16 Washington, 26-14
Record: 9-2. BCS: No. 8
Next: Bowl game, TBA
10. Maryland Put this one in the Friedgen: Victory gives Terrapins their first conference championship in 16 years and certifies first-year coach as miracle worker.
Defeated North Carolina State, 23-19
Record: 10-1. BCS: No. 12
Next: Bowl game, TBA
11. Michigan Is this Big Ten football? Wolverines convert two blocked punts into 10 points and have game-winning field goal set up by a Badger muff.
Won at Wisconsin, 20-17
Record: 8-2. BCS: No. 11
Next: No. 25 Ohio State, Sat.
12. Illinois Kurt Kittner has made the Illini faithful forget Jeff George (and who wouldn't want to) by leading team to sixth consecutive victory--and fourth in a row in come-from-behind fashion.
Won at No. 25 Ohio State, 34-22
Record: 9-1. BCS: No. 10
Next: Northwestern, Thu.
13. Stanford Times have changed in the Big Game: No sighting of any band members on the field as Cal's Kyle Boller's Hail Mary pass on the final play was batted down.
Defeated California, 35-28
Record: 7-2. BCS: No. 9
Next: Notre Dame, Sat.
14. Syracuse We're checking the schedule to see just who Syracuse played in winning eight in row before getting Orange-crushed by the Hurricanes.
Lost at No. 1 Miami, 59-0
Record: 8-3. BCS: No. 15
Next: Boston College, Sat.
15. Colorado The Buffaloes have a nine-game losing streak against the Cornhuskers, but the last five games in the series have been decided by five points or fewer.
Record: 8-2. BCS: No. 14
Next: No.2 Nebraska, Fri.
16. Washington Having cleared up in an in-state dispute, the Huskies now have a chance to let the air out of the Hurricanes' BCS sails for a second year in a row.
Defeated No. 9 Washington State, 26-14
Next: at No. 1 Miami, Sat.
17. Auburn Crimson Tide kicks Tiger tail all over Jordan-Hare Stadium, getting 549 yards in rivalry's most-lopsided game in 24 years.
Lost to Alabama, 31-7
Next: at Louisiana St., Dec. 1
18. Virginia Tech 'Tis the weekend to be jolly for the Hokies as much-quarterback Chris Noel lights up Cavalier defense for three first-half touchdown passes.
Won at Virginia, 31-17
Next: No. 1 Miami, Dec. 1
19. Louisville Rick Pitino has a lot of work to do at Louisville: basketball team isn't ranked and football team is quietly making its way up the ranks.
Won at E. Carolina, 39-34, Thu.
Next: at Texas Christian, Sat.
20. UCLA The Bruins' season came apart faster than some of those assembly-required gifts the kids get at Christmas.
Lost at USC, 27-0
Next: Arizona State, Dec. 1
21. Florida State The Seminoles could drop out of Top 25 for the first time since 1989. Worse yet, Bobby Bowden could bring back the wide-brimmed hat he wore two weeks ago.
Lost at No. 4 Florida, 37-13
Next: Georgia Tech, Dec. 1
22. South Carolina Quarterback Phil Petty makes sure Gamecocks don't repeat their Florida breakdown, leading a gritty victory over the rival Tigers with a separated shoulder.
Defeated Clemson, 20-15
Next: Bowl game, TBA
23. Georgia "It was like the old Herschel Walker days," said senior Verron Haynes after he ran for a career-high 195 yards in his first start at tailback for the Bulldogs.
Won at Mississippi, 35-15
Next: at Georgia Tech, Sat.
24. Marshall Thundering Herd's no-Moss offense continues to make noise: Byron Leftwich passes for six touchdowns, bringing his season total to 31.
Defeated Ohio U., 42-18
Next: Youngstown State, Sat.
25. Ohio State There was no Paus in Buckeye Coach Jim Tressel's decision to suspend his starting quarterback, Steve Bellisari, after learning about a DUI arrest.
Lost to No. 12 Illinois, 34-22
Next: at No. 11 Michigan, Sat.
Compiled by Jim Rhode