Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

The Region | IN BRIEF / RANCHO CUCAMONGA

Ex-NHL Player Pleads Not Guilty in Hit-Run

April 09, 2002|From Times Staff Reports

A former NHL player and Olympic gold medalist pleaded not guilty Monday in San Bernardino County court to four felony charges stemming from a January hit-and-run crash in Ontario.

Prosecutors say Anatoli Semenov of Anaheim Hills was driving his BMW on Jan. 27, when it rear-ended a car, which in turn struck a truck. One person was injured. When police arrived, the BMW's driver had left the scene. The next morning, Semenov reported the BMW stolen, the D.A. said.

Semenov, 40, who played with the Anaheim Mighty Ducks and other teams, faces up to five years in state prison if convicted of leaving the scene of an accident, falsely reporting his car had been stolen and trying to defraud his insurance company, authorities said.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|