Advertisement
 
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

Carbon Monoxide From Heater Kills Man, 38

Los Angeles | IN BRIEF / QUARTZ HILL

January 02, 2002|From Times Staff Reports

Coroner's officials identified a man who died from carbon monoxide poisoning as a result of using a propane heater inside his Quartz Hill home.

When Michael Scott Smith, 38, was found Sunday afternoon, the carbon monoxide level in his home was more than four times the lethal amount, Los Angeles County Sheriff's Sgt. Greg McHenry said.

Smith's dog also died from asphyxiation at the home in the 4000 block of West Avenue L-2.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|