Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

Los Angeles

Man Badly Burned in Explosion

January 03, 2002|From a Times Staff Writer

An unidentified South Los Angeles resident was critically burned in an explosion caused by a natural gas leak Tuesday night, a Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman said Wednesday.

The blast shortly after 9 p.m. also displaced three families from the apartment building in the 1400 block of West Martin Luther King Boulevard, spokesman Bob Kholos said.

Although Kholos said the man was taken to Daniel Freeman Memorial Hospital in Inglewood for treatment of third-degree burns, a hospital spokesman said she could not confirm that he was there.

Mike Dickson of the Fire Department said the building is now unsafe and will be condemned.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|