Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

Orange County | IN BRIEF / ANAHEIM

Home Blaze Caused by Electric Short, Tree

January 04, 2002|From Times Staff Reports

A blaze that gutted an Anaheim home, causing $30,000 in damage, started when an electrical short circuit ignited a Christmas tree, officials said Thursday.

The residents--a woman and her child--were home when the fire started but escaped without injuries, Anaheim fire spokeswoman Maria Sabol said. They were staying at a relative's home Thursday.

About 20 firefighters responded to the incident at 8 p.m. Wednesday at the house in the 1300 block of Wilken Way, officials said.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|