Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

Ventura County | IN BRIEF / CAMARILLO

Fire Destroys Kitchen of Couple's Home

January 10, 2002

A kitchen in a home was destroyed Wednesday when a fire broke out under an unattended pot of beans, authorities said.

Retirees Bill and Betty Lionberger forgot to turn off a burner on their stove before leaving for an appointment, the Ventura County Fire Department reported.

Damage to the house in the 500 block of San Clemente Way was estimated at $30,000.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|