Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

The Region | IN BRIEF / ANAHEIM

Man Severely Burned as Cleaning Solvent Ignites

January 10, 2002|From Times Staff Reports

A 35-year-old Anaheim man was severely burned Wednesday when fumes from gasoline he used as a cleaning solvent ignited inside his home, authorities said.

The father of four, who was not identified, suffered second- and third-degree burns over at least 40% of his body, including his head.

The man was using gasoline as a cleaning agent in the bathroom of his home in the 1100 block of South Lemon Street. A pilot light in a nearby hallway wall heater apparently ignited the fumes, a fire department spokesperson said.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|