FEATS OF THE WEEK
* Joe Smith scored 19 of his 29 points in the second half as Lompoc overcame a 19-point third-quarter deficit to defeat Santa Maria, 84-82.
* David Conte and Chad Vakili combined to score 53 of their 68 points in the second half as Costa Mesa rallied from a 26-point halftime deficit in an 88-85 overtime victory against Irvine University. Conte finished with 39 points--30 in the second half--and Vakili added 29, including 23 in the third and fourth quarters.
* El Camino Real's Rai Colston made a three-point shot and was fouled as time expired, then sank the free throw to give the Conquistadores a 67-66 overtime victory against Chatsworth. Matt Petros of El Camino Real sank a three-pointer with three seconds to play to force the extra period.
* Kevin Halicki, who scored three points, made a 10-foot jump shot with a second left in overtime to give host Joshua Springs a 64-62 victory over Hesperia Christian.
* Adrian Dominguez and Fernando Lopez each made a free throw with no time remaining to lift his team to victory. Dominguez's shot gave Sepulveda Monroe a 62-61 win over San Fernando, while Lopez's free throw provided the winning margin in Canoga Park's 64-63 victory over Verdugo Hills.
* Rowland's Larry Tieu made six of eight free throws in overtime in a 60-57 victory over West Covina.
* Orange El Modena defeated then-No. 23 Villa Park, 60-57.
* Claremont defeated then-No. 9 Glendora, 61-59.
* Crescenta Valley defeated then-No. 13 Pasadena Muir, 61-56.
TEAMS ON THE RISE
* Crescenta Valley. The Falcons (16-6, 5-1 in the Pacific League) upset Muir and held off Glendale in overtime to move into second place behind Pasadena.
* Newport Harbor. The Sailors (17-5, 5-0 Sea View League) are alone atop the league standings.
* San Juan Capistrano Saddleback Valley Christian. The Warriors (1-9, 1-6 San Joaquin League) beat Silverado St. Michael's Prep, 46-33, for their first victory in the last two seasons.
* No. 3 Santa Ana Mater Dei has been coming on strong, but can the Monarchs unseat the consensus top-ranked team in the nation? Find out at 9 p.m. Saturday when Mater Dei plays Mouth of Wilson (Va.) Oak Hill Academy in the Nike Extravaganza at the Pyramid in Long Beach.
Other Extravaganza games include: No. 7 Corona Centennial vs. La Habra Sonora, 3 p.m., and No. 17 Crenshaw vs. Villa Park, 6 p.m.