* Jone Pearce has been named interim dean of the UC Irvine Graduate School of Management, where she is a professor of organization and strategy. She replaces David Blake, who is returning to teaching and research at the school after five years as dean.
* Advanced Medical Optics Inc., which was spun off from eye-care products company Allergan Inc. and began trading as a separate company last week, has made the following appointments:
Richard "Randy" Meier has been named chief financial officer. He is the former CFO of ICN Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Jane Rady has been appointed corporate vice president, strategy and technology. She is a former chief executive of Integrated Genomics Inc.
Russ Trenary has been named corporate vice president and president, Americas division. He is a former Allergan Inc. executive and general manager of surgical products.
Peter Nolan was named vice president, operations. He is a former executive with GN Resound Corp.
* Kay Koplovitz, founder and former chairwoman and chief executive of USA Networks, has joined Prima Consulting Group's consulting and advisory board.
* Accruent, a Santa Monica-based contract manager, has hired Bob Pape as chief financial officer and chief operations officer. Pape is a former CFO at AdFlex Solutions Inc. and Flextronics Inc.
The company also hired Don Howren as vice president, marketing.
* Paul R. Lentz has been named general manager of the California Market Center, a 3-million-square-foot gift, home accessories and apparel mart. He most recently was president of the Western region for Transwestern Commercial Services.
* Giant Skateboard Distribution Inc. of Garden Grove has promoted former professional skateboarder Hugh "Bod" Boyle to general manager and Rima Romero to vice president of sales.
* Glenn Yokoyama has been named director of clinical services at Prescription Solutions Inc., a Costa Mesa-based pharmacy and medical management company. He is a former pharmacy director at Kaiser Permanente in Los Angeles.
* Scott McQuown has been named senior real estate manager for El Pollo Loco Inc., the Irvine-based restaurant operator. He is a former McDonald's Corp. restaurant development executive.
* Santa Monica-based First Federal Bank of California has hired Jennifer Harris as vice president, wholesale and correspondent lending. She is a former vice president at Kaufman & Broad Mortgage Co.
* William Goodmen has been appointed executive vice president, human resources, of Liberty Livewire, a Santa Monica-based entertainment services provider. Goodmen is a former director in the Los Angeles office of executive search firm Spencer Stuart.
* Steve Harstad has been appointed to director of sales and marketing at Los Angeles-based supply chain and transport company Packaging Department Inc. He is a former sales executive at Deluxe Corp.
* New York-based firm Clifford Public Relations has opened a Los Angeles office and appointed Caitlin Dowe-Sandes as vice president and Eliud Kauffman as director of its Latino division.
* Cathy DeRoy has been promoted to senior vice president, counsel, for Walt Disney Co. Her responsibilities will include managing the Consumer Products legal group.
* Gordan Peppars has been promoted to general sales manager of television station KTLA-LA.
* Restaurant operator and franchiser Sizzler USA has promoted Carlyle Rogers to vice president of human resources.
* Steve Manavi has been appointed branch manager of real estate broker Coldwell Banker's Westchester/Culver City office.
* Joe Cyr has joined the Newport Beach office of NAI Capital Commercial as a vice president specializing in investment sales. He is a former Voit Commercial executive.