When choosing a nutritionist, beware of those who:
* Promise quick, dramatic breakthroughs.
* Emphasize supplements, especially those with secret ingredients.
* Claim weight loss can be effortless.
* Suggest that a single product, such as a food or ingredient, will cure many ailments or cause weight loss.
* Promote regimens that include pills or potions taken without medical guidance.
* Pressure clients to purchase products from them.
* Use nonmedical jargon such as detoxify, balance, stimulate.
Provide undocumented case histories with claims of amazing results.
Jane E. Allen