Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

The Region

Girl, 15, Dies After Sustaining Shock in Home Swimming Pool

June 16, 2003|From a Times Staff Writer

A 15-year-old girl died Sunday after suffering an electric shock in a swimming pool, officials said.

The girl was swimming with other children in a backyard pool in Panorama City when she was shocked just before 7 p.m., apparently from a malfunctioning pool light, said Bob Collis of the Los Angeles County Fire Department.

Fire officials gave CPR instructions over the phone to a male adult, but when paramedics arrived, the girl was in cardiac arrest.

She was pronounced dead at a local hospital. Other children in the pool were not harmed, officials said.

For The Record
Los Angeles Times Friday June 20, 2003 Home Edition Main News Part A Page 2 National Desk 1 inches; 43 words Type of Material: Correction
Swimming accident -- An article in Monday's California section about a 15-year-old girl who died after she was shocked while swimming in a backyard pool misidentified Bob Collis. He is with the Los Angeles Fire Department, not the Los Angeles County Fire Department.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|