Advertisement
 
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsActors

Don Johnson's off the hook

QUICK TAKES

May 07, 2003|From Bloomberg News

German authorities won't take proceedings against Don Johnson, the former star of "Miami Vice" and "Nash Bridges" who was stopped last year by German customs officers as he was traveling in a car carrying credit notes and other securities worth as much as $8 billion.

The documents, meant to serve as a security for a business deal, belonged to one of Johnson's fellow passengers and not to Johnson, said Leonhard Bierl, spokesman for Germany's Customs Crime Office in Cologne.

"The whole thing is off the burner as far as we're concerned," Bierl said. "We're very sorry that the story was leaked to the media and caused so much mishap for Mr. Johnson."

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|