Today, New Orleans Arena (TV: ESPN)
LOUISIANA STATE vs. TENNESSEE
* Time: 4 p.m. PDT.
* What to watch for: A fast start by LSU. The Tigers need one to get the crowd on its side. Tennessee must defend the hot-shooting Seimone Augustus, and keep Augustus and Temeka Johnson from defensively disrupting their offense.
* Key to the game: Rebounding. LSU cannot afford to let the Lady Vols repeat a double-digit advantage on the boards.
* Projected winner: Tennessee.
MINNESOTA vs. CONNECTICUT
* Time: 6:30 p.m. PDT.
* What to watch for: Composure. Does Minnesota thrive or struggle in the Final Four spotlight? Connecticut is quite comfortable in this situation.
* Key to the game: Execution on offense. Neither team is overly familiar with the other's style, so adjustments have to be quick and sound.
* Projected winner: Connecticut.
-- Mike Terry