Advertisement

Region & State

O.C. Confirms Second Case of West Nile

August 06, 2004|David Haldane | Times Staff Writer

Orange County, which last month reported the state's first human fatality from West Nile virus, announced Thursday that it had confirmed a second case of the disease.

The unidentified 41-year-old man is recovering in a hospital, county health officials said.

"The virus has definitely arrived in Orange County," said Health Care Agency spokeswoman Pat Markley. "We probably will be seeing new cases here every week."

The latest case, she said, presented itself July 24 when the man went to a private physician showing symptoms of meningitis.

A Fullerton man with the virus died June 24.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|