LAS VEGAS — Despite two subpoenas from federal authorities, the company behind the Siegfried & Roy magic show has refused to turn over video of last year's tiger attack on illusionist Roy Horn.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture attempted to obtain video of the show but Vienna, Va.-based Feld Entertainment would not hand over the footage, a USDA source familiar with the case said.
The source said the USDA would pursue other "legal avenues."
Under the federal Animal Welfare Act, the USDA has been investigating the Oct. 3 attack in which Horn was mauled by a 300-pound tiger during a live performance at the Mirage hotel-casino in Las Vegas.
Horn survived the attack but suffered a stroke that left him partly paralyzed, and the popular, long-running show closed.
The 59-year-old Horn made a rare public appearance Tuesday night at the Cuban revue "Havana Night Club" at the Stardust hotel-casino, signaling thumbs-up from his wheelchair at the Siegfried & Roy-backed show, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported.