Here are the key upcoming business and economic events.
U.S. financial markets closed for Martin Luther King Day.
* Treasury Department reports on federal budget for December.
* Jury questioning scheduled to begin in the trial of Martha Stewart, accused of lying about her sale of nearly 4,000 shares of ImClone Systems stock.
* Among those reporting fourth-quarter earnings: 3M Co., Advanced Micro Devices Inc., Ameritrade Holding Corp., Bank One Corp., Citigroup Inc., Continental Airlines Inc., General Motors Corp., Johnson & Johnson, Motorola Inc., United Technologies Corp. and Wells Fargo & Co.
* Commerce Department reports on housing starts for December.
* Among those reporting fourth-quarter earnings: AMR Corp., E-Trade Financial Corp., EBay Inc., General Dynamics Corp., J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., Qualcomm Inc., Siebel Systems Inc. and Starbucks Corp.
* Labor Department reports on weekly jobless benefit claims.
* Federal Trade Commission releases report on top 10 fraud complaint categories and fraud and identity theft trends.
* Freddie Mac, the mortgage company, reports on mortgage rates.
* Conference Board releases its index of leading economic indicators for December.
* Among those reporting fourth-quarter earnings: AT&T Corp., Amgen Inc., BellSouth Corp., Boise Cascade, Corning Inc., Eastman Kodak Co., Ford Motor Co., Microsoft Corp., Nokia Corp., Pfizer Inc., Southwest Airlines Co. and Wyeth.
* Among those reporting fourth-quarter results: Northwest Airlines Corp., Visteon Corp. and Weyerhaeuser Co.