* Chris Urias, Moreno Valley Canyon Springs: Struck out 12 to get the win, and Ryan Seldon had a two-run double in the second inning for the host Cougars in a 13-5 Division I second-round upset of top-seeded Lakewood. Mike Carp hit three home runs and drove in all five runs for the Lancers.
* Kyle Hernandez, La Puente Bishop Amat: Pitched a shutout, and Jon-Micheal Hattabaugh was two for three with a double and one run batted in for the Lancers in a 2-0 Division I second-round victory over San Clemente.
* Michael Gilmartin, Encino Crespi: Gave up nine hits and no runs and struck out five in five innings, and Sean Camacho had a run-scoring triple for the No. 1-seeded Celts in a 3-1 Division III second-round victory over Palm Desert.
* Matt Hopps, South Torrance: Struck out five consecutive batters and gave up three hits in six innings, and Ryan Jones and Steve Turner each had two hits and one run batted in for the host Spartans in a 5-3 Division III second-round upset of fourth-seeded Santa Ana Valley.
* Jimmy Mittleberger, Santa Maria Righetti: Drove in the winning run in the bottom of the sixth for the host Warriors in a 1-0 Division II second-round win over Santa Ana Foothill. Knight pitcher Cole St. Clair suffered his first loss of the season, giving up five hits with eight strikeouts.
* Lindsey Dean, Camarillo: Pitched a perfect game with six strikeouts, and Melanie Douglas had a run-scoring single in the fourth inning for the Scorpions in a 1-0 victory at Thousand Oaks.
* April Lewis and Dana Crucil, Orange El Modena: Lewis was three for three with three runs batted in, and Crucil gave up four hits in five innings for the host Vanguards in a 5-1 Division II second-round upset of fourth-seeded Chino Don Lugo.
* Cristen Lee, Fullerton Rosary: Doubled in the tying run and scored the winning run on Kaitlin Cochran's single in the fifth for the No. 2-seeded Royals in a 3-1 Division I second-round victory over Valencia.
* Ashley Weber, Santa Ana Mater Dei: Was two for two with a double, two RBIs and one run, and Briana Santos threw a six-hitter, striking out seven, for the No. 3-seeded Monarchs in a 5-2 Division I second-round victory over Santa Ana Foothill.
* Taryne Mowatt, Corona Santiago: Pitched a three-hitter with 14 strikeouts and was four for four with two runs batted in for the No. 1-seeded Sharks in a 9-0 Division II second-round victory over Redlands East Valley.
* Hiro Koda and Justin Saeheng, Arcadia: Won, 6-4, 6-4, 6-0, at No. 2 doubles for the host Apaches in an 11-7 Division II quarterfinal upset of third-seeded Diamond Bar.
* Alex Kruger-Wyman, Pasadena Poly: Swept, 6-1, 6-3, 6-0, at No. 1 singles, and Alex Caughron won, 6-2, 6-3, 6-1, at No. 2 singles for the visiting Panthers in a 13-5 Division III quarterfinal upset of third-seeded Temecula Chaparral.
For more scores and highlights: www.latimes.com/sports/preps