JAKARTA, Indonesia — Police said Saturday that they have arrested four suspects in the Sept. 9 suicide bombing at the Australian Embassy in Indonesia's capital.
The four men were detained under anti-terrorist laws but have not been charged in the attack, which killed nine people, including two bombers, and wounded nearly 180.
National Police Chief Dai Bachtiar said he was "convinced" police would capture the alleged masterminds, Malaysian militants Azahari bin Husin and Noordin Top.
Police were questioning nine other people, among dozens detained in connection with the attack. Most have been released.
The bombing has been blamed on Jemaah Islamiah, a militant network also implicated in the 2002 Bali bombings and an attack last year on the J.W. Marriott Hotel in Jakarta.
One of the four suspects, identified by his initials A.A.H., has confessed to transporting explosives used in the embassy blast to Jakarta from a safe house in western Java, Bachtiar said. He was picked up after the bombing, Bachtiar said.
The other three were detained before the attack happened but police have since determined that they were linked to it, he said.