* Jacob Turner and Jacob Meskin, Palos Verdes: Turner threw a six-hitter, striking out two and walking one, and Meskin hit two doubles and drove in a run, and the Sea Kings recorded a 3-2 victory over Los Angeles Loyola, ranked No. 20 by The Times, in a pool-play game of the Redondo tournament.
* Brittany Weil and Krista Klein, Garden Grove Pacifica: Weil had 13 strikeouts in a one-hitter and Klein had a hit, walked twice and scored the decisive run on a passed ball, and the Mariners, ranked No. 1 by The Times, beat Murrieta Valley, 2-1, in nine innings at the Santa Ana Foothill tournament.
* Tom Whitney and Ben Murray, La Quinta: Whitney shot a two-under-par 142 and Murray had a two-round score of 145 to finish second and third, respectively, as the Blackhawks won the Myrtle Beach (S.C.) Palmetto tournament.
TRACK AND FIELD
* Sa'de Williams, Rancho Cucamonga: Won the girls' 200 meters in 24.04 seconds and the 400 meters in 53.30 in the Pasadena Games at Pasadena City College. Both times are the fastest in the nation this year.
* Jamere Holland, Woodland Hills Taft: Won the boys' 100 meters in a nation-leading 10.40 seconds and won the 200 in 21.15 at the Pasadena Games.
* Allison Stokke, Newport Harbor: Broke her national sophomore-class pole vault record of 13 feet 4 with an effort of 13-5 3/4 to win at the Surf City Invitational in Huntington Beach. The vault puts her in sixth place on the all-time high school leaders' list.
For more scores and highlights: www.latimes.com/sports/preps