A look at some of the best efforts in games reported to The Times:
* John Cornell, Claremont: Gained 229 yards and scored two touchdowns in 21 carries in a 42-21 victory over Phelan Serrano that ended a 17-game winning streak for the Diamondbacks.
* Miles Edman, Malibu: Gained 309 yards and had four touchdowns in 33 carries in a 24-13 victory over Panorama City St. Genevieve.
* Jeremy Avery, Bellflower: Rushed for 219 yards and touchdowns of 27 and 34 yards in a 58-13 victory over Cerritos.
* Chris Atmore, El Segundo: Carried 13 times for 182 yards and three touchdowns in a 47-20 victory over Playa del Rey St. Bernard.
* Michael Harris and Wade O'Neill, Chino Hills: Harris had 178 yards and a touchdown in 23 carries and O'Neill added 94 yards and three touchdowns in a 42-21 victory over Etiwanda.
* Devin Carter, San Pedro: Rushed for three touchdowns and 88 yards in 20 carries in a 28-21 victory over L.A. Locke in which the Pirates rallied from a 21-0 second-quarter deficit.
* Darius Banks, Culver City: Completed 16 of 21 passes for 288 yards and tied a school record with four touchdown passes. Banks also ran for a score.
* Angel Molina, Santa Fe Springs Santa Fe: Threw for 275 yards and three touchdowns in a 55-0 victory over Bell Gardens.
* Freddy Harrel, L.A. Wilson: Had eight receptions for 136 yards and four touchdowns in a 34-14 victory over L.A. Belmont in a Northern League game.
* Grant Schwartz, Dana Point Dana Hills: Carried nine times for 150 yards and two touchdowns and had a 90-yard kickoff return in a 39-13 victory over Newport Harbor.
* Eric Gardley, Santa Fe Springs Santa Fe: Had 160 yards receiving and two touchdowns and returned an interception 90 yards for another score in a 55-0 victory over Bell Gardens.