Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsAccidents

IN BRIEF / Los Angeles / LOS ANGELES

Fire Captain Stable After Electrical Shock

October 24, 2005|From Times Staff and Wire Reports

A Los Angeles fire captain who was shocked by a high-voltage wire while investigating a reported fire in Hollywood had improved to stable condition Sunday at the Grossman Burn Center at Sherman Oaks Hospital, a hospital spokeswoman said.

Early Saturday, Eric J. Greene, 52, a 28-year veteran of the Fire Department, was investigating reports of smoke on the fourth floor of a Santa Monica Boulevard office building, the department said.

The electric shock stopped Greene's heart, but firefighters revived him with a defibrillator at the scene and took him to a nearby hospital. He was transferred to the burn center on Saturday afternoon, said the hospital's Debbie Groveman.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|