Add the tequila, sherry and pear liqueur to a cocktail pitcher with ice. Stir. Strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a lemon twist.
Each serving: 202 calories; 0 protein; 10 grams carbohydrates; 0 fiber; 0 fat; 0 saturated fat; 0 cholesterol; 5 mg. sodium.
Brandy Crusta 21
Total time: 5 minutes
Note: From Tony Abou-Ganim, who created this drink for Bellagio resort in Las Vegas. Maraschino Luxardo is available at Wally's Wine & Spirits in West Los Angeles and Beverage Warehouse in Marina del Rey.
2 ounces Hennessy VS Cognac
For The Record
Los Angeles Times Wednesday May 03, 2006 Home Edition Main News Part A Page 2 National Desk 1 inches; 35 words Type of Material: Correction
Commander's Palace chef: An article in the April 26 Food section about the Museum of the American Cocktail in Las Vegas said the Commander's Palace chef was Carlos H. Gula. His last name is Guia.
1/2 ounce orange Curacao
1/4 ounce Maraschino Luxardo liqueur
1 ounce fresh lemon juice
1/2 ounce simple syrup
Dash Angostura bitters
1. Before mixing, prepare a cocktail glass as follows: Rub a slice of lemon around the rim of the glass and dip the glass in superfine sugar so the sugar adheres to the edge of the glass.
2. Pare half a lemon in a one-piece spiral; arrange the lemon peel spiral to line the inside of the glass.
3. Fill a small cocktail shaker with one-third cup cracked ice. Add the Cognac, Curacao, maraschino liqueur, lemon juice, simple syrup and bitters. Shake well. Strain into the prepared cocktail glass.
Each serving: 266 calories; 0 protein; 26 grams carbohydrates;
0 fiber; 0 fat; 0 saturated fat; 0 cholesterol; 2 mg. sodium.
Total time: 2 minutes
Note: From Dale DeGroff, founder and president of the Museum of the American Cocktail. Cuarenta y Tres is available at Beverage Warehouse in Marina del Rey, Wally's Wine & Spirits in Los Angeles and Wine Expo in Santa Monica.
1 1/2 ounces Pisco
3/4 ounces lime juice
1 ounce Triple Sec
2 ounces fresh orange juice
1/2 ounce Cuarenta y Tres Liqueur
Orange peel twist
1. In a cocktail shaker, shake together the Pisco, lime juice, Triple Sec and orange juice. Strain into a rocks glass over ice.
2. Float the Cuarenta y Tres Liqueur over the top. Garnish with an orange peel twist dropped into the drink.
Each serving: 280 calories; 1 gram protein; 27 grams carbohydrates; 0 fiber; 0 fat; 0 saturated fat; 0 cholesterol; 4 mg. sodium.