* Oakland 16, at Texas 4: The bottom five hitters in the Athletics' starting lineup -- Milton Bradley, Travis Buck, Bobby Crosby, Jason Kendall and Mark Ellis -- combined to go 10 for 16 with 10 RBIs and 12 runs scored. Buck, a rookie from Arizona State, hit his first home run and drove in five runs.
* at Baltimore 5, Toronto 4: Nick Markakis singled in the winning run in the bottom of the ninth inning. Corey Patterson led off with a single against Victor Zambrano. After a sacrifice by Paul Bako, Brian Roberts was intentionally walked. Melvin Mora then walked to load the bases for Markakis.
* Chicago 5, at Detroit 4: Darin Erstad's tiebreaking single in the seventh inning helped Nick Masset earn his first major league victory. He yielded one hit in 1 1/3 innings.
* Cleveland 4, at Tampa Bay 3: Andy Marte doubled and Grady Sizemore walked to open the ninth against Juan Salas. Al Reyes replaced Salas and struck out David Dellucci before Travis Hafner lined a tiebreaking single to center.
* at Kansas City 11, Minnesota 7: Mark Grudzielanek's home run keyed a five-run fifth inning for the Royals, who entered the game with the worst record in the majors at 4-11.
* at Boston 7, New York 6: Coco Crisp tied the score in the eighth inning with a two-run triple and then scored the winning run on Alex Cora's single.
* at Angels 8, Seattle 4: Vladimir Guerrero returned to the lineup and homered to help end a six-game losing streak.