Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

California in Brief / MORENO VALLEY

2 killed, 1 hurt in mobile home fire

December 03, 2007|Francisco Vara-Orta

Two women died and a man was injured Sunday morning in a predawn fire that engulfed their mobile home, fire officials said.

Investigators believe the fire was started by a candle used for heat and light, said Riverside County Fire Department Capt. Julie Hutchinson.

The man, who is deaf, escaped from the mobile home, but his companion and a friend, also deaf, were trapped, officials said. Their identities were not released.

The fire was reported about 5:20 a.m. at the Sky Trails Mobile Home Park on Perris Boulevard. Hutchinson said neighbors tried to fight it with garden hoses.

Fire Department spokeswoman Jody Hagemann said that the blaze caused about $100,000 in damage to the mobile home and two nearby sheds.

-- Francisco Vara-Orta

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|