EAST PALO ALTO — Authorities are investigating the death of a 23-year-old man who was electrocuted while hanging Christmas lights in this San Francisco Bay Area city.
The man had climbed about 60 feet up a tree and was attempting to throw a string of lights onto difficult-to-reach branches when the accident occurred.
Officials say he was electrocuted when the string of lights touched two power lines.
When fire crews arrived Saturday, they found the man hanging about 60 feet above ground.
They had to wait nearly an hour before utility crews could arrive and turn off the power so they could remove his body around 2 p.m.
The victim's identity has not been released.