Advertisement
 
(Page 2 of 2)

Zucker officially takes charge at NBC

General Electric CEO Immelt expresses his confidence in the fast-rising executive.

February 07, 2007|Meg James | Times Staff Writer

Meyer, in a separate interview, said the feeling was mutual: "We are friends. I feel very good about the appointment. He has been in the trenches and understands the creative and financial challenges to our business."

Zucker said he soon would announce some management restructuring.

Marc Graboff, NBC Universal Television West Coast president, is expected to be put in charge of all of West Coast entertainment, according to two people familiar with the matter.

Jeff Gaspin, who is responsible for the company's lucrative cable channels, and Beth Comstock, who is in charge of digital entertainment and marketing, are expected to have larger portfolios.

Kevin Reilly, NBC Entertainment president, is in talks to extend his contract, three people said.

Wright will stay on as chairman of NBC Universal until the end of April. Beginning in May, Immelt will become the chairman of the internal NBC Universal board, which is made up of representatives of GE, NBC Universal and the French firm Vivendi. GE owns 80% of NBC Universal and Vivendi holds the remaining 20%.

*

meg.james@latimes.com

Times staff writer Lorenza Munoz contributed to this report.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|