Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsYouth

2 more arrested in Santa Ana double killing

January 10, 2007|From a Times Staff writer

A pair of suspected gang members have been arrested in the shooting deaths of two 14-year-old boys and the wounding of a 16-year-old last month in Santa Ana, authorities said Tuesday.

That brings the number of suspects to three; one teenager was arrested shortly after the crime.

Police did not release the names of the boys arrested over the weekend because of their ages -- 16 and 17 -- nor would they provide details on the arrests or say what led them to the suspects, saying such information is critical to a continuing investigation.

The boys killed in the Dec. 17 shootings were Angel Secundino and Gabriel Perez. The first suspect, 14, has already been charged in the case. The shooting was sparked by rivalry between gangs, police said.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|