CBS has been lamenting since last season that its very popular shows don't get a lot of water-cooler buzz. But we must say Wednesday morning's press tour executive session with President of Entertainment Nina Tassler was kinda juicy!
There were Mandy Patinkin's "personal issues," Don Bellisario's ouster from "NCIS" at the insistence of Mark Harmon, and a scary incident involving "CSI" star Gary Dourdan, who was caught on video apparently attacking a TMZ photographer outside Hyde nightclub for seemingly no reason.
It's hard to focus on the new season after all that, but let's try. Here are some tidbits Tassler shared about stuff happening on the network's returning shows:
* "CSI" and "CSI: NY" will have crossover episodes on the same night in which William Petersen and Gary Sinise visit each other's hometowns.
* Horatio Caine (David Caruso) on "CSI: Miami" will discover he has a biological son.
* On "How I Met Your Mother," viewers will get hints about who the mother is.
* Hard to believe, but on "Two and a Half Men," Jake (Angus T. Jones) will begin junior high.
* An episode of "Cold Case" will feature only Nirvana music.
* And a drumroll, please, for "Jericho" (yes, "Jericho"): Stanley (Brad Beyer) and Mimi (Alicia Coppola) will get engaged.