About 1.5 million various Thomas & Friends wooden railway toys, imported and distributed by the RC2 Corp., were recalled because paint on the toys contains lead that can be toxic if ingested by young children. No injuries have been reported. The recall includes wooden vehicles, buildings and other train set parts sold from January 2005 to the present. For more information, call (866) 725-4407, or go online at recalls.rc2.com or www.cpsc.gov.
* About 6,700 mountain bicycles with Lefty Speed SL and Lefty Speed DLR forks, manufactured by Cannondale Bicycle Corp., were recalled because the forks can break during use, causing the rider to lose control of the bicycle, fall and suffer injuries. The company has received 15 reports of the forks breaking, including five reports of injuries such as a broken collarbone, a concussion, broken ribs and bruises. Call (800) 245-3872, or go online at www.cannondale.com or www.cpsc.govfor details.
* About 40,000 Nursery-in-a-Box cribs, manufactured by Simplicity Inc., were recalled because the assembly instructions incorrectly explain how to attach the drop side. If improperly attached, the drop side could disengage from the crib and put a child inside at risk of falling or getting trapped. In addition, the pins on the drop side can fall off and pose a choking hazard. The Consumer Product Safety Commission has received one report of metal pins detaching from the drop side, which was installed upside down and fell from the upright position. For more information, call (800) 784-1982, or go online at www.simplicityforchildren.com or www.cpsc.gov.
* About 300,000 Globe Model J Series dry fire sprinklers, manufactured by Globe Fire Sprinkler Corp., were recalled because the heads can deteriorate and fail to work during a fire. The company has received five reports of sprinklers failing to work during a fire. For more details, call (800) 248-0278, or go online at www.globesprinkler.com or www.cpsc.gov.
* About 5,300 Accessories silver stud earrings, imported by Crimzon Rose Accessories, were recalled because they contain high levels of lead, which can be toxic if ingested by young children. The earrings were sold at Kmart stores nationwide from October 2004 through March 2007. No injuries have been reported. Visit www.kmart.com or www.cpsc.gov for more information.
* About 2,900 select models of bicycles with carbon cranksets, imported by Cannondale Bicycle Corp., were recalled because the crankset could break and users could fall off the bike. Cannondale has received two reports of the cranksets breaking, resulting in one minor injury. Cranksets are the gears at the front of the bicycle chain. Pedals are attached to the outer ends. Cannondale dealers nationwide sold the bikes from June 2006 through May 2007. The dealers will inspect the cranksets and determine whether a free replacement is needed. Call (800) 245-3872, or go online at www.cpsc.gov for details.
* WholeSoy & Co. is recalling 6-ounce containers of WholeSoy & Co. Blueberry Soy Yogurt with a date code of 6/22/07 because the batch may contain trace amounts of milk, casein or dairy derivatives, which can cause a severe or life-threatening reaction in those allergic to dairy products. The yogurt was sold nationwide. Only blueberry yogurt with a date code of 6/22/07 is being recalled. Consumers can return containers to the place of purchase for a refund. For more information, call (877) 569-6376.