* Oakland 6, at Kansas City 1: Chad Gaudin struck out a career-high eight and lowered his earned-run average to 2.18, third in the American League. The A's improved to 28-6 at Kauffman Stadium since the beginning of the 2000 season. The Royals have lost four in a row.
* Boston 9, at Toronto 2: Unbeaten Josh Beckett gave up a home run on his first pitch, then settled down to become the first seven-game winner in the majors. The Blue Jays lost their seventh in a row. Boston's Kevin Youkilis was hit by a pitch above the left knee and left with a bruise.
* at New York 8, Texas 2: Alex Rodriguez hit his first homer in 15 days and Andy Pettitte pitched seven sharp innings as the Yankees beat the Rangers for the seventh time in a row. Rodriguez's two-run shot, which gave the Yankees a 6-1 lead, was his first homer in 47 at-bats.
* at Baltimore 8, Tampa Bay 3: Jeremy Guthrie gave up one run in six innings to earn his second major league victory, and the Orioles got home runs from Nick Markakis and Jay Gibbons.
* at Minnesota 7, Chicago 4 (10 innings): Justin Morneau's second homer of the game, a three-run blast off Nick Masset in the 10th inning, lifted the struggling Twins.
* at Detroit 9, Seattle 7: Omar Infante drove in a career-high four runs and the Tigers won their eighth in a row.
* Cleveland 5, at Angels 1: Cliff Lee holds the Angels to two hits in victory.