* at Colorado 6, San Francisco 2: Matt Holliday hit two home runs to lead the Rockies.
* at Philadelphia 11, Chicago 7: After blowing a lead for the 13th time this season by allowing six runs in the top of the seventh, the Phillies scored six runs in the bottom half. The Phillies put first baseman Ryan Howard, who has a left quadriceps strain, on the 15-day disabled list after he was out of the starting lineup for the fifth straight game.
* Atlanta 9, at Pittsburgh 2: Chuck James held the Pirates hitless until Jason Bay singled with one out in the seventh, and Scott Thorman homered twice in leading the Braves to their fifth consecutive victory.
* at Houston 10, Arizona 4: Roy Oswalt, who beat the Diamondbacks for the sixth time in seven starts, has won 24 of his last 30 starts at Minute Maid Park.
* St. Louis 5, at San Diego 0: So Taguchi hit a three-run double to lead the Cardinals.
* Milwaukee 12, at New York 3: J.J. Hardy hit a grand slam for the Brewers, who have won 11 of 13.
* at Washington 7, Florida 3: Ryan Zimmerman's grand slam with two outs in the bottom of the ninth lifted the Nationals in a game that withstood more than 3 1/2 hours of rain delays. It gave the Nationals their first series victory of the season.
* at Dodgers 7, Cincinnati 3: Brad Penny held the Reds to four hits in 6 1/3 innings and retired 17 consecutive batters during one stretch.