* at Carolina 5, Washington 0: Cory Stillman completed a hat trick only 11:28 into the game and Eric Staal had two goals for the Hurricanes. Cam Ward made 35 saves.
* Pittsburgh 5, at New Jersey 0: Sidney Crosby scored twice and Dany Sabourin made 20 saves in his first shutout to lift the Penguins, who had blown two-goal leads in two straight losses.
* at N.Y. Rangers 2, Philadelphia 0: Henrik Lundqvist earned his fourth shutout of the young season, stopping 30 shots, and Jaromir Jagr and Brendan Shanahan scored for the Rangers.
* at Montreal 2, Buffalo 0: Cristobal Huet made 29 saves for his first shutout in nearly a year and Tomas Plekanec scored in the second period for the Canadiens.
* at Florida 4, Tampa Bay 3: David Booth scored with 1:19 left in the third period and the Panthers kept the Lightning (0-7) winless on the road. Tampa Bay has lost six in a row overall.
* at Minnesota 5, Edmonton 2: Missing its entire original top line because of injuries and personal reasons, the Wild got two goals from Mark Parrish in beating the Oilers.
* at Colorado 4, Calgary 1: Paul Stastny scored two goals and Wojtek Wolski had a goal and two assists to help the Avalanche beat the Flames for the seventh straight time.
* Dallas 5, at Ducks 0: Marty Turco recorded his 31st career shutout in helping beat Anaheim.