* at No. 11 Virginia Tech 40, Florida State 21: Tyrod Taylor returned from a sprained ankle that kept him out 2 1/2 games and threw for two touchdowns and ran for another, lifting the Hokies (8-2, 5-1) over the Seminoles (6-4, 3-4) at Blacksburg, Va., and giving Coach Frank Beamer his first win in eight tries against Florida State. It also marked the first time Seminoles Coach Bobby Bowden has lost to Virginia Tech in 16 career meetings.
* at Maryland 42, No. 8 Boston College 35: Quarterback Chris Turner completed 21 of 27 passes for 337 yards and three touchdowns to lead the Terrapins (5-5, 2-4) over the Eagles (8-2, 4-2) at College Park.
* at No. 20 Clemson 44, Wake Forest 10: Cullen Harper continued his record-setting year with three more touchdown passes and the Tigers (8-2, 5-2) moved a step closer to an ACC title with a rout of the Demon Deacons (6-4, 4-3) at Clemson, S.C. Harper has a school-record 26 touchdown passes this season.
* No. 23 Virginia 48, at Miami 0: Mikell Simpson had a pair of one-yard touchdown runs and quarterback Jameel Sewell scored twice, as the Cavaliers (9-2, 6-1) handed the Hurricanes (5-5, 2-4) their biggest shutout loss in 70 years at the Orange Bowl in Miami's final game at the facility.
* at North Carolina State 31, North Carolina 27: Jamelle Eugene ran for three touchdowns, including the go-ahead one-yarder with 1:41 left, to help the Wolfpack (5-5, 3-3) defeat the Tar Heels (3-7, 2-4) at Raleigh.
* Georgia Tech 41, at Duke 24: Tashard Choice picked up his sixth 100-yard game of the season, running for 170 yards and two touchdowns to lead the Yellow Jackets (6-4, 3-4) over the Blue Devils (1-9, 0-7) at Durham, N.C.