* Miami 75, at New York 72: The Heat won for the first time in six games. Jason Williams' shot with 19 seconds left was pivotal in overcoming a five-point deficit in the final 2 1/2 minutes. Williams had 17 points. Udonis Haslem had 16 points.
* Detroit 107, at Seattle 103: The Pistons sent the SuperSonics to their worst start (0-7) in franchise history. Richard Hamilton scored 32 points and Detroit held on despite blowing most of a 23-point first-half lead.
* Washington 101, at Atlanta 90: The Wizards avoided the first 0-6 start in franchise history with Caron Butler scoring 24 points to lead all five starters in double figures. The Wizards outscored the Hawks, 23-6, in second-chance points.
* Houston 85, at Charlotte 82: Yao Ming scored a season-high 34 points, including two free throws with 20.4 seconds left, to lift the Rockets. Tracy McGrady scored 12 of his 26 points in the final period of the Rockets' third consecutive victory.
* New Orleans 93, at Philadelphia 72: The Hornets won on runs of 11-2 at the end of the first half and 12-0 in the third quarter. David West and Chris Paul each had 16 points. The 76ers missed 13 of 15 three-point attempts.
* at San Antonio 113, Milwaukee 88: Manu Ginobili scored 21 points and the Spurs led by as many as 40 points in beating the Bucks, who defeated San Antonio both times last season.
* Cleveland 103, at Clippers 95: The Cavaliers blew leads of 11 and 13 points before giving the Clippers their second loss.