* Kickoff: Saturday, 6 p.m.
* TV: ESPN.
* Line: Louisiana State by 11.
* Auburn update: The Tigers have won four consecutive games since a 1-2 start, using a defense that's giving up only 12.75 points per game during that stretch. They have given up only 14 points in their last two and are ninth in the nation in total defense and 10th in scoring defense. The offense is averaging only 335 yards a game. Brandon Cox has four touchdown passes with seven interceptions. Leading rusher Ben Tate has gone over 100 yards only once.
* Louisiana State update: The Tigers lost the nation's No. 1 ranking by losing last week, and Kentucky may have exposed some holes in a defense that is giving up only 223 yards per game -- second in the nation. The Tigers have won 17 consecutive home games and have outscored opponents, 148-47, in four home games this season.
* Story line: The teams are tied atop the SEC West Division, so the winner will take control and the loser will face an uphill climb to the conference championship game. LSU is still in the national title hunt, but a loss would end those hopes.
* The pick: Louisiana State. LSU has thrived against teams with mediocre offenses, and that's exactly what it will face in this game.
- Peter Yoon