* Kickoff: Tonight, 4:30 PDT.
* TV: ESPN.
* Line: Virginia Tech by 3.
* Boston College update: The Eagles are coming off a bye week during which they achieved the second-highest ranking in school history. They are in first place in the Atlantic Coast Conference Atlantic Division, but haven't played a conference game since a Sept. 15 victory over Georgia Tech. Quarterback Matt Ryan, a Heisman Trophy candidate, has 2,148 yards passing with 17 touchdowns and six interceptions. The Eagles defense leads the nation with 18 interceptions. Jamie Silva leads the ACC with five.
* Virginia Tech update: The Hokies, also coming off a bye, have won five consecutive games since a 48-7 loss at Louisiana State. They have given up only 11.4 points per game during that span and overall are eighth in the nation in scoring defense at 16 points per game. Freshman quarterback Tyrod Taylor is nursing a sprained ankle and might not play, but Sean Glennon, last year's starter, had 258 yards and two touchdowns in two-plus quarters two weeks ago.
* Story line: Boston College has a spot in the Bowl Championship Series title game in its grasp if it keeps winning. Virginia Tech has its sights set on the ACC title.