* at No. 4 Florida 59, Troy 31: Tim Tebow threw three touchdown passes, ran for two more scores and led the defending national champion Gators (2-0) over the Trojans (0-2) at Gainesville. Florida scored on all seven possessions in the first half, moving the ball with relative ease against Troy's soft zone. Tebow finished 18-for-25 passing for 236 yards.
* South Florida 26, at No. 17 Auburn 23 (OT): Jessie Hester caught a 14-yard touchdown pass from Matt Grothe to lift the Bulls (2-0) over the Tigers (1-1) in overtime at Auburn, Ala. Auburn freshman Wes Byrum made a 39-yard field goal to start overtime and then Grothe took over. He ran three times, including a sneak on fourth and one. Then, on the next play he hit Hester behind the defense for the game-winner.
* at No. 24 Tennessee 39, Southern Mississippi 19: Erik Ainge threw two touchdown passes, Arian Foster ran for two scores and the Volunteers (1-1) beat the Golden Eagles (1-1) at Knoxville.
* Alabama 24, at Vanderbilt 10: Terry Grant ran 24 times for 173 yards and two touchdowns, and the Crimson Tide (2-0, 1-0) defeated the Commodores (1-1, 0-1) at Nashville for its 20th consecutive victory in the series.
* at Kentucky 56, Kent State 20: John Conner had two of his team's six rushing touchdowns as the Wildcats (2-0) beat the Golden Flashes (1-1) at Lexington.
* Missouri 38, at Mississippi 25: Chase Daniel accounted for a career-high 396 total yards and threw five touchdowns passes to lead the Tigers (2-0) over the Rebels (1-1) at Oxford.
* Mississippi State 38, at Tulane 17: Michael Henig passed for one touchdown and ran for another to lead the Bulldogs (1-1) over the Green Wave (0-1) at New Orleans.