* at Tulsa 55, Brigham Young 47: Senior quarterback Paul Smith passed for a career-high 454 yards and five touchdowns to lead the Golden Hurricane (2-0) over the Cougars (1-2) at Tulsa, Okla. The teams combined for 1,289 yards, including 1,027 in the air.
* Houston 34, at Tulane 10: Anthony Alridge had two touchdowns to lead the Cougars (1-1, 1-0) over the Green Wave (0-2, 0-1) in a Conference USA game at New Orleans.
* Southern Mississippi 28, at East Carolina 21: Jeremy Young scored the second of his two one-yard touchdown runs with 32 seconds left to lift the Golden Eagles (2-1, 1-0) over the Pirates (1-2, 0-1) in a C-USA game at Greenville, N.C.
* New Hampshire 48, at Marshall 35: Ricky Santos threw three touchdowns passes and ran for a fourth score to lead the Wildcats (1-1) over the Thundering Herd (0-3) at Huntington, W.Va.
* at Alabama Birmingham 22, Alcorn State 0: Swayze Waters kicked a school-record five field goals to lead the Blazers (1-2) over the Braves (0-3).
* at Memphis 35, Jacksonville State 14: Martin Hankins threw for 289 yards and three touchdowns to lead the Tigers (1-1) over the Gamecocks (1-2).
* Eastern Michigan 21, at Northern Illinois 19: Pierre Walker scored on a pair of one-yard touchdown runs to lead the Eagles (1-2, 1-1) over the Huskies (0-3, 0-1) in a Mid-American Conference game at Dekalb, Ill.
* at Kent State 38, Delaware State 7: Eugene Jarvis rushed for 136 yards and scored two touchdowns to lead the Golden Flashes (2-1) over the Hornets (2-1) at Kent, Ohio.
* Ball State 34, at Navy 31 (OT): Jake Hogue kicked a 24-yard field goal in overtime, and the Cardinals (2-1) pulled out a victory over the Midshipmen (1-2) at Annapolis, Md.
* McNeese State 38, at Louisiana Lafayette 17: Bryant Mason returned a fumble 87 yards for a touchdown and Kris Bush ran for two to lead the Cowboys (2-0) over the Ragin' Cajuns (0-2).
* at Arkansas State 45, Southern Methodist 28: Corey Leonard ran for three touchdowns and passed for two more to lead the Indians (1-1) over the Mustangs (1-2) at Jonesboro.
* at Western Kentucky 26, Eastern Kentucky 6: One week after scoring a school-record 87 points, the Hilltoppers (2-1) relied on defense and special teams to defeat the Colonels (1-2) at Bowling Green.