* at Washington 5, Atlanta 4: Tom Glavine (0-1) matched his shortest start, leaving because of a bad hamstring after allowing all four batters he faced to reach base. The Nationals ended a nine-game skid.
* at San Francisco 7, St. Louis 4: Tim Lincecum (2-0) struck out 11 in six innings and rookie John Bowker homered and drove in four runs for the Giants.
* Milwaukee 9, at New York 7: Gabe Kapler homered for the second straight day, doubled twice and drove in three runs for the Brewers. Eric Gagne got the save.
* at Houston 5, Florida 1: Wandy Rodriguez (1-0) struck out seven, and J.R. Towles and Michael Bourn homered as the Astros won two in a row for the first time this year.
* at Pittsburgh 9, Cincinnati 1: Ryan Doumit, Xavier Nady and Jason Bay homered and Tom Gorzelanny (1-1) limited the Reds to four hits to complete a sweep.
* Chicago 6, at Philadelphia 5 (10): Second baseman Chase Utley's throwing error allowed Ronny Cedeno to score the go-ahead run in the 10th inning.
* Colorado 13, at Arizona 5: The Rockies beat the Diamondbacks for the first time in six games this year.
* San Diego 1, at Dodgers 0: Greg Maddux (2-0) recorded his 349th victory.