* Oakland 4, at Seattle 3: Dana Eveland got his third win and the Athletics got only three hits but took advantage of wild starter Miguel Batista. The A's (15-9), supposedly destined for the bottom of the American League West in a rebuilding season, clinched their first winning record in April since 2003. That team won 96 games and the division.
* at Tampa Bay 5, Boston 4 (11 innings): Nathan Haynes singled to drive in Carl Crawford from second base and sparked the Rays to win their fourth in a row. The Red Sox stranded the potential go-ahead run in scoring position in the ninth, 10th and 11th innings.
* at Texas 6, Minnesota 5 (10 innings): David Murphy hit a run-scoring single and the Rangers ended a seven-game losing streak. Joaquin Benoit (2-1) pitched a scoreless ninth for the victory.
* at Kansas City 8, Toronto 4: John Buck doubled twice and drove in two runs. The Royals used a six-run eighth inning to end a seven-game losing streak. Leo Nunez (2-0) got the win in relief, even though he gave up three runs.
* at Cleveland 6, New York 4: Jhonny Peralta hit a three-run homer off Andy Pettitte (3-2) in the fifth inning.
* Baltimore at Chicago, ppd., rain: The teams will play a day-night doubleheader today.
* Angels 4, at Detroit 3: Vladimir Guerrero homered to highlight a four-run fourth inning.